If you don’t like sitting inside during the winter you may be interested in one of the best battery heated gloves.
These products do a good job fighting off the cold and work well for skiing, snowboarding, hunting, motorcycling, and everyday life. I’ll show you what to look for when making your selection and my top picks for the year.
How To Choose Heated Gloves
In order to select the right gloves you should consider the following before making your purchase:
- Consider your own needs and what you’ll be doing while wearing them
- Type of battery and battery life
- Smaller features (style, budget, etc.)
The first thing you need to think about is your own personal needs. A person that’s skiing in the Canadian Rockies will want a different glove than someone looking for extra warmth on their walk to work or when shoveling. There are many different products on this list that’ll suit everyone – some are made especially for skiing, some for riding your motorcycle in the winter while others are made specifically for style/everyday life.
The longer you’re out in the cold, the better the glove/heating you’ll want.
Next, you should look at the battery life. I’ve had a customer tell me they bought a pair that only provided under an hour of heating. This may be fine for a commuter but it’s pretty useless for a skier or hunter. Many gloves come with multiple heat settings and a good battery will last up to 2 hours on the highest level and up to 6 on the lowest.
Also, you’ll want to decide on what type of battery you’ll want heating your glove; some products run on AA batteries whiles others feature a rechargeable Ion-Lithium battery. Personally, I like the rechargeable battery powered gloves the best. They’re more convenient and you won’t have to carry around spare batteries all the time.
Lastly, you should take a look at the smaller features of the glove. You’ll want to consider the materials it’s made from, it’s waterproofing and price.
So now that you know what to look for when making your purchase, let’s take a look at my top picks for the year now!
Snow Deer Heated Gloves, Men’s Women’s Heated Ski Gloves Mittens
Company: Snow Deer
Snow Deer is a very popular company that makes a lot of different heated gear accessories. These mittens are great for winter weather activities and even more professional winter sports such as skinning, snowboarding, and hunting. These mittens will run on six hours of battery power on the lowest setting. If you choose to use the mittens on the highest setting, they should last two hours.
There is a strong carbon fiber heating element inside these mittens. They will heat the back of the hand as well as the fingertips and thumb tip. When your fingers are together and not separated like gloves, your hands can actually stay warmer and generate more heat. These gloves work very well and can even keep you warm on the lowest setting.
- Super soft cotton lining on the inside of the mittens with a sheep leather exterior.
- Eight sizing options that are unisex for both men and women.
- These mittens have a rechargeable battery that can be charged and used over and over again.
- These mittens use two 7.5-volt lithium batteries.
- Easy to control temperature gauge that will allow you to change the temperature from high, medium, or low.
- Great mittens for all sorts of cold-weather activities like hiking, camping, fishing, walking the dog, jogging, and much more.
There is a temperature controller that allows you to adjust the temperature to whatever heat setting you prefer. This is done with a push of a button, and there is a different color light that will indicate to you what heat setting the mittens are on. Red will indicate the highest heat setting, and it will heat the mittens up to 150 degrees. The white color will indicate the medium setting that will heat up to 131 degrees. The lowest setting will be indicated by a blue color. This setting will heat up to 113 degrees.
Overall, I think these mittens will provide a great amount of warmth to your hands. I love the fact that they are unisex so both men and women can use them. I also like the variety of sizes you can choose from to get your perfect fit. The price is very affordable when you think about all the uses you can use these gloves for. They are also rechargeable, which will prolong the life of your gloves and the money in your wallet.
Savior Heated Gloves with Rechargeable Li-ion
Savior is another brand that is highly known in the heated glove and mitten space. They make their gloves out of high-quality materials. These high-quality materials have made sure that the outside of their gloves are waterproof that way if you are out in cold snowy weather your gloves don’t get saturated. They also have infused the touchscreen technology into the fingertips of the gloves. This will allow you to use smartphone devices without having to take off your gloves.
There are great details and safety features on these gloves that make them truly special. There is a reflective strip across the gloves that will allow you to see where your hands are as well as other people. This is great if you are going jogging, hunting, or camping In the dark. The reflective strip will help you see. There is also an adjustable buckle and pull string that will allow you to get the gloves very snug around your wrist. This will help keep the cold air out.
- These gloves have three levels of heat that can be changed with the temperature control button.
- The gloves use rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that become fully charged after three hours.
- The heating will extend to the entire back of your hand as well as all the fingers will have the heating element.
- These gloves work great for all sorts of winter activities as well for people who suffer from chronic arthritis, joint pain, or even carpal tunnel.
- The inside of the gloves are made with a super soft cotton insulation while the outside is made from a waterproof fabric. The palms of the gloves are made from high quality imported lambskin
- The outside shell is made with a waterproof material that will work great for snowy weather.
Overall these gloves come with a lot of great features and extra details. I like that there is a reflective strip so you can see your hands and other people can see you in darkness. The inside of the gloves are extremely warm because of the insulated cotton. The outside is a protective waterproof material that will keep your hand protected from the outside elements.
The price of these gloves are again very comparable and reasonably priced like the other brands. I feel that you get more with these gloves at this price point. It seems like you get more features and details than other brands. This is why these gloves have been added to our list of the best battery heated gloves.
Snow Deer Rechargeable Battery Gloves for Men Women
Company: Snow Deer
Another brand that is highly known for their heated gear. This company makes spectacular heated gloves that will provide incredible warmth to your fingers, knuckles, and joints. The heating technology in these gloves works really well that you will feel the heat from all the points inside the gloves, including your knuckles, wrist, and even fingers.
The fingertips on the gloves also have touchscreen technology. This means you can easily check smartphone devices without having to take off your gloves in cold winter weather. This is a very important feature because cell phones are a very important aspect to everyone lives now, and even clothing is making strides with infusing technology.
- These gloves are made from a high-quality sheep leather to give it that sleek, elegant look.
- These gloves use carbon fiber heating elements that will generate heat from the batteries that will warm the back of the hands and even heat the fingertips.
- These lithium-polymer batteries are rechargeable and will last six hours when fully charged.
- The fingers and thumb of the gloves have touch screen capabilities that will allow you to use your phone or tablets with the gloves on.
- These gloves help to stimulate your blood flow in your hands. This will reduce pain in swelling in your joints, allowing them to have relief.
These gloves are great and come in seven different sizing options so whether you have extremely small hands to big hands, there is a size for everyone. The touchscreen feature is always great to have in a pair of gloves. The heating these gloves provide is incredible, and this pair of gloves from Snow Deer has the best heating of any of the gloves I have tried and tested. The price is still very comparable to the other brands on the market.
Volt Avalanche X Heated Gloves
Company: Snow Deer
The Volt brand delivers high quality heated clothing and gear, but this pair of Volt gloves take the heating to a whole new level. These gloves will provide extra heat coverage, extra heat, and even more insulation than ever before seen in the volt brand. These gloves come with three different temperature settings that will allow you to pick between low, medium, and high.
The extended heat inside these gloves make your entire hands and fingers feel extremely warm. Twenty percent more heat is generated inside the gloves making your hands feel extra warm. The heat helps to soothe joints and muscles that tend to be sore. These gloves are even great for people who may suffer from conditions such as arthritis, carpal tunnel, and joint pain.
The nylon outer shell of the gloves are still breathable yet; the gloves do not allow cold air to penetrate the gloves. The outer shell is also water-resistant which will come in handy on cold rainy or snowy days. The inside is made with a tricot fleece that will keep your hands cozy and comfy without keeping your hands to hot. These gloves work very well in all sorts of winter occasions and activities.
- The Volt brand uses a patented zero-layer heat system that makes sure your fingertips and front and back of your hands absorb as much heat as possible.
- You will not feel any cold spots inside the gloves.
- The inside of the gloves is made with a tricot fleece and the outside as a hard-breathable nylon shell that is water-resistant. The palms of the hand also have leather on them, which is great for gripping.
- These gloves come with two 3350 mAh batteries and a dual charger for charging them.
- There is a button on the gloves that can be used to change the heat setting quickly and easily.
- Made and manufactured in the United States.
Overall, these are the most expensive pair of battery heated gloves I have reviewed. Don’t let the price of the gloves intimidate you. These gloves will provide you with so much value and unbelievable heat. When the gloves are powered on they start working instantly to make your entire hand feel very warm and cozy. I will never go back to the days of wearing regular gloves in the winter. I have to have my Volt Avalanche X heated gloves.
Savior Heated Gloves for Men and Women
Company: Snow Deer
This is another great product from the Savior brands, but this time these are mittens instead of gloves. You have three different color options to choose from which are orange, green, and a combination of black and grey. There are also different sizes to choose from, and they come in a unisex design for both men and women.
One of the best features of these mittens is the fact that they are waterproof and windproof. The waterproofing allows the gloves to be worn in the snow or cold rain without getting the inside of the gloves or your hands wet. Nobody likes wet gloves. Another great thing is the windproof aspect. If it is extremely windy outside the gloves will not allow the cold air to seep through, causing your hands to freeze.
- These mittens are made from sheepskin leather.
- The mittens come with a three-setting temperature controller that will let you adjust to either low, medium, or high.
- These mittens take approximately three hours for the lithium-ion batteries to charge.
- The mittens will warm the entire back of the hand and all of the fingers and fingertips.
- The outside of the mittens are made from a high-quality sheepskin leather that is waterproof and windproof.
- The inside of the mittens are made with a pearl cotton insulation that will keep out the cold and insulate heat very well.
- Great gift for anyone who loves doing things outdoors and also for people who suffer from joint pain-related conditions.
The battery life of these gloves can last up to five hours on the low setting. The low setting will generate heat up to 113 degrees. The medium setting with last up to four hours and up to 131 degrees. The highest setting will last around two and a half hours of battery power and will generate heat up to 150 degrees.
The price point of these gloves are right around the same as the other brands. The gloves also come with a one-year warranty so if you have any problems with them it should be covered. Remember to always set a budget for what you want to spend on battery heated gloves. I like the features that come with the mittens; they are very comparable to some of the other brands.
MOUNT TEC Unisex Explorer 4S Heated Performance Mitten
Company: Mount Tec
This type of heating using carbon nanofibers allows the heat to go through the entire surface and all over the hands than having to use specifically placed wires. The heat will work great on the palm of your hands, the fingers, fingertips, and back of the hand. The heat transferability is so strong that the heat may even pass into your wrist and arms.
The goatskin leather is naturally water-resistant and antimicrobial. This will allow you to wear these mittens when it is raining as well on wet snowy days. The mittens will resistant the water not allowing it to be absorbed into the fabric. The antimicrobial aspect will naturally wick away germs and bacteria that may be picked up onto the gloves.
These mittens also feature the touch screen design, but it is only capable in the thumb. This will still allow you to check smartphone devices and tablets, just remember to use your thumb. The temperature settings are really easy to distinguish between each one. The low temp will be indicated with blue, the medium temperature with the color white, and the highest temperature will use the red color.
- These mittens use a carbon nanofiber technology to heat the gloves.
- These mittens will give you eight hours of heating time.
- The mittens come with two 7.4V lithium batteries and dual charging ports to charge the batteries.
- The materials used to make these mittens are goatskin that is naturally waterproof and a riptech nylon shell
- these mittens offer a unisex design and come in three different color choices that are black, yellow, and grey.
- Cool features come with these mittens such as reflective silver lining, touch screen technology, and the mittens are naturally antimicrobial due to the goatskin.
These mittens are very unique in the way that they provide heat. I actually think the way these mittens do it is more effective and warmer than the others. I really like these mittens for skinning and snowboarding winter activities. I think the price point is very reasonable considering how powerful the heat and how cool these mittens are. I love the portable bag that comes with the batteries and charges. You can easily bring this with you wherever you need to go.
Hestra Power Heater Gloves
The Hestra Power Heater gloves are arguably the best product on this list. This is the type of glove that can be worn in any situation, not matter how cold it gets.
The Power Heaters get the highest cold rating possible and are certified for frigid conditions. I’ve had people tell me these gloves are life savers and I can see why – they’re really, really high quality. Some of my favorite features include:
- 3 different heat settings so you get the exact amount warmth needed depending on what you’re doing. When it’s cold you can blast the heat and when it’s a little warmer out, you can give yourself a little less.
- Long lasting battery: 8-10 hours on the lowest setting, 4-5 hours on medium and 2 hours on high. You can always switch between the settings to extend the life of the battery.
- Made from premium leather. This makes this product extremely tough and it’ll stand up to the winter elements.
- Czone Waterproof Inserts prevent any moisture from penetrating. The last thing you want is wet hands when it’s cold out and this keeps that from happening.
- Quallofill insulation adds extra warmth (comes in handy when you shut the heater off).
- Polyester lining is soft to the touch. Not only will these gloves give lots of heat, they’ll actually be comfortable to wear too.
It also comes with an international charger and carrying case. This is one of the more expensive products on this list, however.
It’s worth noting this glove comes with a lifetime guarantee too; this makes the price much more reasonable. If you’re just looking for some added warmth when shoveling you probably won’t need this glove. But if you’re going to be spending prolonged time in the cold I would definitely consider it. Plus it comes in both gloves and mittens.
Here’s a video that demonstrates its durability too:
As you can see this glove is tough!
Outdoor Research Stormtracker
Company: Outdoor Research
Outdoor Research is another company that’s well known for their quality gear. Their Stormtracker’s are certainly one of the highest quality gloves on this list and will keep you warm in very cold conditions.
I personally would use these gloves while skiing, shoveling driveways and things like that. If you’re exploring frozen tundras you may want something a little more heavy duty. This product is sleek looking and comes with:
- A lightweight design that’s made for athletic activities and movement. You can wear these when skiing, snowboarding, hiking, climbing and during other outdoor sports.
- Breathable Windstopper softshell will vent and wick away moisture, preventing overheating. You won’t have sweaty, clammy hands from wearing the Stormtracker’s.
- AltiHeat system has three different heat settings and provides enough warmth for you tackle cold temps. Even when you need only a little heat you’ll get that too.
- Polyester lining feels good to wear all day long. The last thing you want is a glove that’s uncomfortable and that’s not the case here.
- Goatskin leather palm helps you grip ski poles and other pieces of equipment. This is another reason they’re great to use when active.
- Comes with a carrying case so you can take it where ever you need it. You don’t want to lose these gloves and this ensures you won’t.
The price is not bad either. You know what makes that price even better? These gloves come with a lifetime warranty too! There’s not many products in this price range with that type of warranty.
All things considered this pair of gloves might be the best bang for your buck.
Volt Tatra Men’s Heated Gloves
The Volt Tatra is specifically designed for men (there’s a Volt product later on for women) and does an excellent job heating every part of your hand from your palm to the tips of your fingers.
This product is made for the outdoors and has leather reinforcements throughout to prevent tearing. These gloves can be worn when skiing, snowboarding, mountain climbing, and more! Some top features include:
- Has an amazing feel and fit, which caters to movement. This is another pair of gloves you can bring to the slopes or use when riding your motorcycle.
- Dual wall charger that recharges both discreet 7-volt batteries at once. When you’re in the ski lodge for lunch, you can place these on the charger for the afternoon.
- Completely waterproof and will work even after getting wet. Wet hands in the cold is a recipe for disaster and these gloves prevent that from happening.
- Breathable and helps get rid of sweat build up. When you take these off, from whatever you’re doing, your hands won’t be clammy.
The Tatra’s have 4 different heat settings and the most heat it provides is 150 degrees and will last up to 2 hours; on the lowest setting, the battery will hold a charge for up to 8 hours.
Despite all this, these gloves are pretty affordable, making it an excellent value. They also have a ton of reviews and if you’d like to see what over 100 people are saying about this product, click below:
Outdoor Research Lucent
Company: Outdoor Research
Like the other Outdoor Research glove on this list, the Lucent’s (read my full review here) are extremely high quality. The Lucent’s can be worn in any environment and will keep your hands warm
Besides offering warmth, these gloves will keep your hands dry too – they’re completely waterproof and breathable. Additionally, this product features:
- EnduraLoft insulation means your fingers will be toasty even with the heater off. This is good on warmer spring days or when the battery dies.
- Leather palms and reinforcements means you’ll have an easy time gripping ski poles and they won’t rip/tear. No matter what you’re doing, the Lucent’s will work just fine.
- Fleece linings make these very comfortable to wear. If you’ve ever had to wear uncomfortable gloves before you know how key this is.
- 3 different heat settings so you get the warmth you desire
- Comes with a carrying case and are easy to transport. When you’re paying a couple hundred for a pair of gloves you want to make sure you don’t lose them; this case ensures you won’t.
Like all top of the line heated gloves, the Lucent’s are pretty expensive. I know a lot of people that wear these and they absolutely love them, though. Any person who suffers from cold hands or fingers should definitely consider this product – so many people swear by them.
Also, they come with a lifetime warranty which is pretty rare. This makes the price tag much more reasonable.
Seirus Innovations Heat Touch Inferno
Company: Seirus Innovations
The Seirus Innovations Heat Touch Inferno’s are one of the highest selling heated gloves on the market and good in many different situations. This is the kind of product you can wear while skiing or your walk to work. They have the type of function and design that’ll worth no matter what you’re doing.
This product is one of the few gloves with 4 different heat settings and this allows you to get the exact warmth you want. You can rock them in the bitter cold months of January and February or for spring skiing in March and April. Some other top features include:
- 150g of insulation that adds extra protection from freezing temperatures. If you want to turn off the heater you’ll still get plenty of protection.
- DryHand inserts prevent wetness and moisture from getting in and helps eliminate sweat build up from overheating. This dual-action is convenient and ensures your hands will be bone dry all day long.
- Pretty decent battery that can last up to 6 hours, depending on the setting. This is long enough to last through almost any winter activity.
- Removable Neofleece is great for the colder months (it won’t be needed in the warmer ones).
- Easy to change heat settings. You won’t be struggling with remotes or difficult to use buttons – the control is responsive and isn’t frustrating to use.
This is another product that comes in designs for both men and women. It also is made from premium leather and is tear resistant.
I consider these to be very reasonable in terms of price. When you consider all that you’re getting and how many different way you can use this glove, you begin to see why they’re priced so well.
Flambeau Heated Gloves
Here we have another pretty decent glove from Flambeau. This product is inexpensive and should be avoided by anyone who faces extremely cold and unforgiving weather conditions – it’s more suited for casual outdoor activities.
There’s only one heat setting so you don’t get a ton of control and the battery lasts around 4 hours. It does have a few good features including:
- 100 grams of insulation so they’re warm without the heat on. If the battery dies you won’t have to worry that you’re not going to be protected.
- Performance grip let’s you wear when active without taking off. If you need to hold or grab on to something, you’ll be able to do that.
- Completely waterproof will keep your hands and fingers dry. This comes in handy when it’s snowing heavily or you have to shovel/clean your car off.
- Nylon outer shell is very tough and won’t rip or tear. You’ll have these gloves for quite some time because of this.
This is one of the few gloves on this list that are very affordable. I consider them to be one of the more basic too. They’re not going to amaze you but they’ll keep your hands warm in the right situations.
Epic Heated Gloves
Company: Dragon Heatwear
Some gloves just aren’t really worth much unless the heater is turned on. If the battery dies on certain products they basically become useless because they’re not well made enough to provide you enough warmth.
That’s not the case with the Epic Heated Gloves from Dragon Heatwear. While they have an excellent heating system, they work well with it turned off. They come with Thinsulate insulation that provides a good amount of warmth on its own. This means you can use the Epic’s no matter what you’re doing and be perfectly comfortable.
Some other awesome benefits include:
- 3 different heat levels so you control how much warmth you get. You get a a battery indicator on the glove that shows how much juice you have left too.
- Steel fiber heating system makes every single part of your hand warm, including palms, back of your hand and your fingers.
- Durable leather and nylon outer materials will stand up to whatever you throw at it. Plus, it’s completely waterproof too.
- Dual charger lets you charge up both batteries at the same time.
- 6.5 hours of heat makes sure your nice and warm no matter what you’re doing.
I also like how these gloves look too – I think this product blends performance and design perfectly. They’re not priced too badly either. Honestly for the quality you’re getting I truly believe these gloves could be priced much higher.
Savior Heated Gloves
The Savior Heated Gloves is another product I would describe as middle of the road – it’s won’t knock your socks off with its performance but it won’t disappoint you either.
You can wear these gloves in many different situations including skiing, hiking, motorcycle riding, and many other situations. They have a pretty discreet look to them too (they don’t scream there’s a battery operating it). Some features you might like include:
- 3 different heat settings and a battery that can last up to 6 hours. This should last long enough to get you through whatever you’re doing.
- Completely weatherproof which lets you use in the rain or snow. If you’re on the slopes or shoveling snow, this is something you’ll appreciate.
- Adjustable wrist closure so cold air doesn’t sneak in. This also keeps snow from piling in and ensures you’re comfortable all day long.
- Dual charger lets you charge both batteries at once. You won’t be spending a lot of time waiting for them to recharge because of this.
- Fast heating system will quickly warm your hands up. You’ll like this when it’s extra cold out and want instant results.
- Battery indicator shows you how much juice you have left. You won’t be constantly guessing how much time you have left before the heater shuts off.
The price is definitely a positive too and these savior gloves won’t cost too much. I realize paying over $300 or $400 for gloves can cause some pause. If you really can’t afford one of the top of the line gloves on this list, you should consider this one.
It may not have all the bells and whistles of the Hestra or Outdoor Research products but it holds its own.
Volt Women’s Heated Gloves
These Volt Women’s heated gloves are pretty high quality and is a product that you can wear no matter what you’re doing – be it skiing, hiking, shoveling, mountain climbing, etc.
This pair of gloves has an easy to use, built in controller with 4 different heat settings. The top level produces 150 degrees of warmth and the battery can last up to 2 hours; the battery will last up to 8 hours on the lowest level. Some other nice features include:
- Durable nylon shell can resist tears and will endure for many seasons. You can really push these gloves and expect them to last, no matter what you’re doing.
- Aquatex materials prevent moisture from getting in while wicking away sweat. This means it’ll protect against inclement weather and won’t let you overheat.
- Discreet and non-bulky lets you be more active while wearing them. These Volt gloves can be worn during many different activities like skiing, snowboarding, hiking and more.
- Stylish design won’t look like you’re wearing a product with a battery in it. This is good when you’re out and about.
- Insulation woven into the fabric keeps your hands warm even when the heat isn’t on. No matter what the temperature is (extremely cold to a light chill), you’ll be protected.
The price is fair too. While they might not give you the performance of the more expensive products on this list, they’ll work well enough in almost any situations. The most hardcore outdoor enthusiasts may want something a little more but everyone else will enjoy what these Volt gloves can do.
Volt 7V Titan
There are two words you can use to describe the Volt 7V Titan – heavy duty. This pair of gloves is made to endure whatever you’re doing while wearing them and will last season after season.
One reason this product is so durable is it’s made from premium black leather and has extra reinforced palms. This means you can wear the Titan’s while skiing, hiking, and any other activity that involves using your hands a lot.
It gets even better when you consider these gloves come with:
- Soft lining makes this product extremely comfortable to wear. This lining provides a ton of warmth without the heater turned on too.
- 4 different heat settings so you get the perfect amount of heat, depending on what you’re doing and the weather outside. You get up to 150 degrees of heat on the highest setting!
- Long lasting battery and you get up to 12 hours on the lowest setting, 9 hours on the medium setting, 6 hours on the high/medium setting, and 3 hours on the highest level.
- Completely waterproof and breathable. This prevents your hands from getting wet or overheating.
- Adjustable nylon string on the bottom of this product allows you to have a perfect fit.
- Easy to read display so you can keep an eye on how much power you have left.
The Titan’s are a premium glove. Do I think they’re worth paying a little extra? Absolutely. This product is one you’ll love to wear and is a godsend when the temperature dips.
FNDN Heated Gloves
The FNDN heated gloves are one of the more fashionable products on the list (it doesn’t look like it runs on a battery). In fact, it’s one of the more useful for everyday life too.
It’s thin enough that you can run your daily activities without constantly having to take them off and it has touch screen capabilities so you can take calls and text. Some other nice aspects include:
- Silicone palm makes gripping easy. If you need to grab a bag or anything else, you’ll be able to do that without a problem.
- 3 different levels of heat and a battery life of up to 4 hours. This is a pretty good amount of time and should get you through whatever you’re doing.
- Touchscreen fingertips mean you can use your phone. You’ll like this if you’re someone that makes a lot of calls or send a lot of texts throughout the day.
I’m not sure I would purchase these gloves for skiing or any other outdoor activity in frigid temperatures. These FNDN gloves are really more for style and to wear when out and about.
If you live in the city and commute to work or you want a product to wear when you’re shoveling, this product will work well for you.
Also, the price is pretty attractive too. If you’re looking for a nice looking glove to fight off the cold in your everyday life I would definitely consider the FNDN’s.
Morvat Heated Gloves
These Morvat heated gloves are one of the cheapest on the list. If you’re an outdoor junkie that’s constantly in the winter winds you may want a more rugged product. I personally think this is good for someone that likes to ski or snowboard moderately or maybe someone that likes to go on walks in the cold.
This shouldn’t completely scare you away from them, though – this product still has a lot going for it. It’s one of the few gloves that has 4 different heat settings and the battery is long lasting (on the lowest setting it can last up to 9.5 hours). Also, it is:
- Water resistant so you won’t have to worry about these being damaged or worry about your hands getting wet. This should give you some peace of mind.
- Dual wall charger lets you charge both batteries at the same time. They’ll recharge quickly and you won’t be waiting around for them.
- Has small pockets so you can store away small valuables safely – that’s a handy little feature.
- Soft lining that’s very comfortable to wear and is breathable. This means your hands won’t over sweat and you’ll be in complete comfort all day long.
Like I said in the beginning of this description these are pretty cheap. In the right situations you’ll really love these gloves. If, however, you push them too much you may regret purchasing them.
Outdoor Research Men’s Capstone
Company: Outdoor Research
Here we have another Outdoor Research product and this one, the Capstone, is one of the premier products on this list. This is the type of glove you wear confidently into subzero temperatures without having to worry about your fingers being cold.
Any skier or person enjoying cold weather activities would be very lucky to have the Capstone’s on their hand. That’s because it has a number of amazing features, including:
- Gore-tex insert keeps all moisture from penetrating while simultaneously removing sweat build up. This adds a lot of comfort and ensures you’ll love wearing them all day long.
- Two kinds of insulation, Primaloft HiLoft Silver and EnduraLoft, makes this a useful glove even when the heating system is turned off.
- Fleece lining feels good on your hands.
- Touch screen capabilities so you can use your phone or camera without taking them off. This is ultra convenient and means you can stay connected with your family, friends and kids.
- Leather palm makes gripping a ski pole extremely easy. If you’re looking for a glove that you can take out to the slopes, to go hiking with, or to wear while climbing, look no further.
The Capstone’s aren’t cheap and products of this quality never are but they come with a lifetime warranty. People who like to wait the winter out indoors probably can’t imagine paying that for gloves.
But those who face Mother Nature at her coldest and most bitter know the value of keeping their hands and fingers warm – that’s priceless to these people.
Gyde G4 Adventure Glove
The Gyde G4 Adventure’s is a pair of gloves that’s designed to be used on motorcycles, ATV’s and snowmobiles – basically any power sport vehicles (they make heated jackets and heated socks for this purpose too!). The reason you shouldn’t purchase these gloves for skiing or other activities is that it needs an electrical source to heat – it doesn’t run on batteries, it runs on a wire.
One benefit to having a wire is you won’t have to worry about replacing the batteries of this product or constantly having to charge it – that’s pretty handy. Some other features you’ll enjoy include:
- Aquatex materials are water resistant and will keep your hands dry. This is good for anyone that expects to get out there in unpredictable weather.
- Touch screen fingertips so you can answer the phone and more.
- 150 grams of Thinsulate Insulation provides extra warmth. When it’s a spring day you can turn the heater off and be completely fine.
- Heating system covers every part of your hand. You won’t have to worry about a certain part getting too much heat and one part not getting any.
- Premium cowhide leather makes this product extremely durable. They’ll last a long time and won’t rip/tear easily.
The G4 Adventure’s also compensate for the cold created by speed. The price for these gloves is fair too, and you can cruise around your motorcycle for an affordable price.
As long as you use them in the right situations these gloves can do a lot for you and will extend your riding season deep into the winter.
Rossignol Winter’s Fire
Rossignol is a well known ski and snowboard brand and you’ll find their gear all over the mountain. I own of a ton of their products and have throughout the year – I can vouch for their quality.
Their Winter’s Fire is a decent heated glove that’s best suited for the slopes. They don’t quite have the power or toughness of the previous two gloves but not everyone needs that. If that sounds like you, you’ll like that it has:
- Goatskin grip that makes gripping ski poles simple. You won’t have to worry about them slipping out of your hands or anything like that.
- 3M Thinsulate Insulation will keep your hands warm even without the heater on. When the temperature is a little warmer, like during the spring, you’ll be protected without having to pump heat to your hands.
- 3 different heat settings. The battery lasts 5 hours on low, 4 hours on medium and 3 hours on high. Because you’ll be toggling the warmth from hot to low throughout the day, you should make it through whatever you’re doing – I would charge them during lunch, however.
- Water proof leather keeps your fingers from getting damp. This is another reason these gloves excel on the slopes.
- Snow cuff prevents snow from penetrating. If you take a tumble or it’s snowing heavily, you won’t have to worry about snow piling in.
The price is really fair too. They aren’t best gloves on the list but certainly not the worst; I consider them middle of the road. As long as you aren’t going into extremely cold climates they’ll work for you.
Also, they come in designs for both men and women.
Therm IC Powerglove 1300
Like the product you just saw, the Therm IC Powerglove 1300 is high quality (Therm IC makes products to keep your feet warm too!). This is another product that conquers the cold and will leave your hands nice and toasty all day long.
Just looking at the Powerglove’s you can tell their durable. This isn’t a product that’s going to let wetness in or tear or rip – it’s going to handle whatever you throw at it. If you decide on them I know you’ll like that it comes with:
- Multiple heat settings and can hold a charge up to 10 hours. No matter what the temperature is outside, this product will prevent you from getting cold.
- Made from durable and long lasting leather and synthetic materials. This pair of gloves will last a long time because of this and they won’t rip/tear.
- Dryzone membranes prevent moisture build up from sweating hands. You won’t have clammy hands which is a handy little feature.
- Primaloft Insulation provides plenty of warmth without the heater. This is another reason these are a great choice for especially cold conditions.
- Windshield wipers that are delicate enough to use on the goggle lenses.
How much will all this cost? A lot. If you rarely get out into the winter elements I wouldn’t bother with these; there’s plenty of cheaper products on this list that’ll work for you.
If the cold doesn’t scare you and you like to get out there with snow on the ground, however, you should think about purchasing this glove. This Therm IC product will have you nice and toasty no matter how frigid it is.
The Volt Frostie’s aren’t the most rugged gloves on this list but not everyone needs that. Some people just want some extra heat when they commute to work, walk their dog, or for other fairly brief moments in the winter cold. If that’s you, the Frostie’s will work well for you. You can wear them during social occasions too.
This is another pair of gloves that give you a lot of control and you’ll get 4 different heat settings to choose from. When it’s subzero out crank this product to its highest level and when it’s barely cold enough to see your breath you can leave it on low.
Some other top features include:
- Long lasting battery life will give you 8 hours of warmth on the lowest setting. This should be more than enough for most people.
- Completely waterproof comes in handy when you’re shoveling or doing anything like that.
- Dual charger so you can charge up both batteries at the same time.
- Heats the entire part of your hand, including up your fingers and on both sides of your hands.
- Stretchy leather materials are good for people that plan on using their hands while wearing these gloves.
- Gives you a lot of heat and you get up to 150 degrees of warmth on the highest setting.
The price is right where you’d expect them to be too. For all that you’re getting I think that’s a pretty fair price.
Don’t Suffer From Cold Hands This Winter!
I’m someone that suffers from cold fingers and it’s made for a few miserable days out on the slopes. This doesn’t have to be an issue for you, though, and there’s plenty of products on this list that’ll keep your hands warm all day long, no matter what you’re doing.
If you’d like to check out my top picks for heated glove liners, click below:
If you have any questions about what you’ve read comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can search around this website for more tips on staying warm this winter.
Are you you excited to try on your new gloves?
Heated Glove FAQ’S
Question: How Do Heated Gloves Work?
Answer: Heated gloves can be used to keep your hands warm while you’re skiing, walking your dog, riding a bike or just sitting around the campfire on a chilly night. They’re available in different sizes and styles, but they all pretty much work the same.
Quite simply, there are small wires that are woven into the inside of the glove that connect to a battery. When you switch the battery on, the wires heat up, which in turn warm up the gloves. How warm they get will depend on how much current the batteries pass onto the wires. Some pairs of heated gloves will have settings that allow you to adjust the temperature.
For convenience, some heated gloves use rechargeable lithium batteries, so you don’t have to worry about the constant cost of replacing. However, you want to make sure they’re always charged. It’s also worth remembering that the lower the heat, the longer your batteries will last. This is especially handy if you plan on being out in the snow all day.
Question: How Long Do Heated Gloves Last?
Answer: How long your heated gloves last will depend on how much you use them, the conditions you use them in and what kind of batteries are used.
If you’re only going to be using them for a quick walk around the block with your pup, then you don’t need to worry too much about battery life, but if you spend all day outside on the slopes, for example, then you definitely want to invest in a pair of heated gloves with long-life batteries.
It’s also worth checking how long it takes for batteries to charge, and how many times they can safely be recharged. Some heated gloves have batteries that can need up to eight hours to charge. There are some makes with batteries that can be recharged around 500 times.
Heated gloves, especially for motorcycles, can be connected to the bike’s wiring. This doesn’t only make them convenient, it also means the batteries last a lot longer.
Question: Who Makes The Best Heated Gloves?
Answer: If you are after the best heated gloves on the market, you will be spoiled for choice. But the best heated gloves for you will depend very much on your needs and how much you want to spend. Outdoor Research makes quality gloves at affordable prices, as does Savior. Lenz has a solid reputation, making heated gear for outdoor sports, including mittens and socks.
What we suggest, rather than choosing heated gloves according to the brand, instead think about how you are going to be using them. Are they just for driving? Will you be working with them on? Do they need to have touchscreen compatibility so you can use your mobile phone easily enough?
You should also look at the type of battery they use and the battery life, the material they are made from, the design and construction and whether they are insulated or waterproof.
Question: How Well Do Heated Gloves Work?
Answer: Heated gloves work really well, as long as you get the right pair for your needs, and they’re used correctly. While regular gloves are good, heated gloves are better, especially when the temperature drops to single digits.
Also, unlike insulated gloves that tend to be a bit bulky, heated gloves can be worn all the time, whether you’re riding a motorcycle, working outdoors, skiing, snowboarding, as well as hunting, fishing, and hiking. They’re also ideal for around the house, while you’re watching TV, or reading a book.
The heat setting means you can adjust the temperature to suit your needs. A quick tip for you, if you plan on being outdoors in damp or wet conditions, it’s worth looking at a waterproof pair, so that the wires don’t get damaged in any way.
Question: How To Use Heated Gloves?
Answer: To use your heated gloves, it is as simple as switching them on.
Firstly, don’t buy heated gloves that are too small for your hand. Instead, they should fit comfortably with enough space to keep the warm air circulating. Of course, if they are too big, then the heat is going to escape, and they won’t be serving their purpose.
To make sure they fit correctly, it is a good idea to try them on before you buy. It’s worth doing a few simple tasks while you are wearing them, like zipping your jacket, using your mobile phone or opening a door.
Question: How to Wash Heated Gloves?
Answer: Don’t, under any circumstances, toss them in the washing machine. It is very important never to get the battery itself wet or the fiber elements that heat up the gloves. Because of the wiring inside, if you get your gloves very dirty, then I suggest getting a damp rag and wiping the gloves with mild soap and water till they look clean enough for you. Allow them to air dry and keep wearing them. It is very important never to get the battery itself wet or the fiber elements that heat up the gloves. Take care of your investment; you don’t want to ruin them by washing them when they shouldn’t be.
Question: How do USB Heated Gloves Work?
Answer: It is actually quite simple; all you have to do is connect the battery to your USB cord. Once that is connected you will have to connect your USB cord to a power adaptor so it can begin charging. Some heated battery gloves come with their own battery ports that plug directly into the outlet. It is really straightforward when it comes to charging your batteries and using your gloves.
Question: What are Some Winter Activities I can do Waring Heated Gloves?
Answer: There are so many times that you will want to pull out your winter gloves, and here is why. First off you will be so addicted to the incredible warmth that the gloves give off. Second, they look and feel more comfortable than regular gloves.
When it comes to winter activities you can do while wearing the gloves, the list is endless. You can use them for hunting, fishing, camping, skiing, snowboarding, hiking, and even while riding a motorcycle. If you don’t have many winter activities to do, you can also wear these gloves during simple everyday tasks such as driving your car, walking the dog, going for a jog, to ease joint pain, walking your child to the school bus, and much more.
Question: Are Heated Gloves and Mittens Waterproof?
Answer: Some of the gloves and mittens mentioned above have waterproofing abilities, but this does not mean they are fully waterproof. As talked about above it is not recommended to wash battery heated gloves in the washing machine so do not submerge your gloves fully in water. They will work as water-resistant when you are out in the snow or light rain.