Golf can be pretty straining and if you’re looking to make life easier you’ll want one of the best push golf carts.
These products are very convenient and there’s a few things you need to consider before making your purchase – I’ll show you what’s most important and my top picks for the year.
How To Choose The Right Golf Cart
Selecting the right push cart is pretty simple and you should think about the following:
- Your own needs and which courses you’ll be playing
- Ease of use
- Smaller features
First thing you need to consider is your own personal needs. My mom recently took up golf and likes to play at the local 9 hole course down the street. This course is pretty simple and there aren’t any water hazards or sands traps. Most holes are short par 4’s or par 3’s.
Her needs are WAY different than someone who frequents professional level courses in South Carolina. For her birthday I bought her a nice but simple golf cart to help her out on the links. She doesn’t need anything too complex or bulky. If, however, you’ll be playing on diverse terrain and longer holes you’ll want something that can handle that.
Next, you should think about how easy the push cart is to use. You’ll want a product with a good brake system, folds up for simple transport and is lightweight. There’s plenty of carts on this list that excel in all three departments – they come with either a foot brake or hand brake, fold up so you can transport them in any vehicle and are light enough to carry around without straining yourself.
Lastly, you’ll want to check out smaller features like steering and wheels. These pieces of equipment can range from 2 wheels to 4 wheels and where you golf should determine which you buy. If you’re like my mother you can get a way with 2 wheels. If you love golf and play difficult courses you’ll want 3 or 4 wheels; it’ll make steering and going over tough terrain much easier.
You can also get an electric golf cart. These are operated by a remote control and are ultra convenient. Here’s a video explaining how a popular one works:
Pretty cool right? Keep in mind, though, these products will cost over $1000 and are more of a luxury, not a necessity.
Let’s take a look at my top picks now.
Clicgear Model 3.5+
The Clicgear Model 3.5+ is a product that’ll work for everyone. It doesn’t matter if you’re a pro or someone that likes to tee it up on par 3’s only – if you’re in the market for a push golf cart this one is worth considering.
What I like about the Model 3.5+ is it’s compact and lightweight without giving up anything in the durability department. This cart will easily fold up and fit into the trunk or backseat of any car and only weighs 18 pounds. You won’t be lugging around some bulky and heavy piece of equipment. This makes life so much easier.
Some other nice features include:
- Airless tires won’t pop and will require little to no maintenance through the years.
- Cup holder so you won’t have to think about where you’re going to put your drink.
- Comfort grip handle won’t irritate your hands and makes pushing this cart around painless.
- Easily opens and closes for simple transports and a stress-less day.
- Hand break won’t wear down and ensures this cart won’t take off down a hill.
- Made from scratch resistant and weather proof aluminum materials.
- Plenty of storage and a large console area to put your score card, pencils, and golf balls.
- Comes in 8 different colors including orange, blue, black, green and more.
The price is definitely fair for what you’re getting too. There’s a lot of positive reviews and if you’d like to check out what other customers are saying about the Model 3.5+, click below:
Bag Boy Quad XL
Here we have another excellent cart and one that works well for everyone. The Bag Boy Quad XL is a delight to use and will make your day on the golf course enjoyable.
Just like the product you just saw, the Quad XL is lightweight and compact. It quickly folds up in a matter of seconds and will easily fit in your car for transport. Plus, it only weighs around 16 pounds. You won’t be strained trying to get this thing into your trunk.
Additionally, it comes with a:
- Very large place to put your scorecard and golf balls.
- Hand mounted park brake gives you piece of mind that this cart will stay put.
- Foam tires will last year after year and will never need maintenance or any attention.
- Aluminum framing is durable and won’t crack or rust.
- Delivers an extremely smooth ride and can tackle basically any terrain.
- 12 different colors so you’ll be able to find one that’s perfect for you.
The price is very good too and you’ll be very satisfied with what you’re getting.
Top Flite 2 Wheel Cart
The last two carts you saw could be used on professional courses and can pretty much tackle any terrain. That’s not really the case with the Top Flite 2 wheel cart. This cart is made for smaller courses and for people that don’t take golf overly serious or is on a budget.
My mom would be happy with this cart because she plays on a small 9 hole golf course. There’s a few par 5’s but they’re pretty short for par 5’s. The rest of the holes are short par 4’s and par 3’s. This type of course is where the Top Flite 2 excels.
If that describes where you play, some features that you’ll like include:
- Lightweight because of its minimalist design. You’ll have zero problem transporting this piece of equipment around or storing it.
- A place to put your scorecard, pencil and golf balls.
- Large grip means you can steer this product pretty easily and your hand won’t constantly be slipping off.
- Aluminum frame is durable and last multiple golf seasons.
The price is definitely a positive and this cart is perfect for people on a budget. Again, if you plan on playing large courses you’ll probably want something else. Small course players will like what they get here, though.
Big Max Blade Quattro
The Big Max Blade Quattro is a cart you’ll like if you decide on and is worth considering for everyone. This is the kind of push cart that’ll easily secure your bag, phone, card, drinks, jacket, gloves, and anything else you’ll want to bring on to the course.
Plus it’s rugged enough to handle any kind of terrain you’ll face. It has two large back wheels that smooth out the ride and two front wheels for added balance/stability.
Some other aspects that make this product worth it include:
- Lightweight despite its size – only weighs around 14 pounds!
- Foot brake lets you easily bring this cart to a stop and ensures it won’t go tumbling down a hill.
- Handle is easy to adjust vertically and allows for a custom fit no matter how tall or short you are.
- Can hold up with a single hand motion and won’t be a hassle to transport.
This cart is a little pricey but it’s not too high in my opinion. This is one of the highest quality carts on the market and I’m sure you’ll come to same conclusion if you decide on the Quattro.
Stewart Golf X9 Follow
The Stewart Golf X9 is not like any other cart on this list and is a product only a handful of people should consider. I say this not because this is a low quality product but because it’s such a high quality product and very, very expensive.
What sets this cart apart is it’s electric. It can be controlled by a remote control or can follow you automatically, staying a comfortable pace behind you and stopping when you stop.
It’s kind of hard to explain and this video makes it a little easier to understand:
As you can see this machine is high tech and top of the line. Some of my favorite features include:
- Extremely stable and can easily handle hilly and bumpy terrain.
- Can control this machine up to 50 yards away, which is pretty incredible.
- Follow me mode means you don’t even have to pay attention to the cart. It’ll move when you move and it’ll stop when you stop.
- Lightweight and strong battery. You’ll easily get 18 holes on a single charge and more.
- Plenty of spots to store all your stuff and your scorecard/golf balls.
- Folds up easily and can fit into the trunks of most cars.
This is a cart that I’m sure everyone would love to own but its price keeps most people from purchasing. If you love the idea of an electric golf cart and don’t want to spend that much, click here. You’ll find electric golf carts that cost a fraction of the Stewart X9 and that work in a similar fashion.
Sun Mountain Speed GT
Sun Mountain is an excellent company and I know a lot of people that use their carts. They have nothing but positive things to say and they love using them. The Speed GT is one of their top carts too so you know it’s high quality and delivers in all facets.
One thing I really like about the Speed GT is how big the wheels are – they’re built to go over bumps, rocks and to handle hilly courses.
Also, this product comes with:
- EZ Latch system has dual functions. The first function makes folding this cart up extremely easy and the second function lets you adjust the handle height. This means any golfer, at any height can use.
- Hand brake ensures you can stop this piece of equipment on a dime and won’t have to worry about it rolling away.
- Padded tray and console area is perfect for storing your electronics, golf balls, drinks and scorecard.
- Ultra secure and newly designed upper bracket system ensures your bag is locked in place.
- Umbrella mount means you can get some shade on those extremely hot and sunny days.
- 8 colors so you can get the exact look you desire.
The price is pretty reasonable here too and is a good value when you consider everything you’re getting. This product provides a smooth ride and will last season after season.
Callaway Drone 3
If you’re a golf fan you’ve heard of Callaway before and if you’ve ever played with their gear you know they make some of the best golf equipment available (they make really nice drivers and golf shoes too) Because of this it shouldn’t be a surprise they make one of the best push carts too.
This is another product that excels in all situations and is perfect for all skill levels and needs. It’s rugged enough to cruise over rough terrain and it’s lightweight and compact enough for everyone else.
If that’s not enough, you’ll like that this cart comes with:
- Two large back wheels that keep this cart secure and one smaller wheel for enhanced maneuverability.
- Mesh storage bag lets you store your jacket, gloves and everything else nice and safe.
- Easily folds up without a hassle. It’ll fit into any storage area or car space that you can think of.
- Adjustable handle makes this product perfect for any person, despite how tall they are. The handle is fitted with foam too for added comfort.
- Foot brake ensures you have full control over this push cart and won’t end up losing it down a hill.
- Lightweight and weighs 14.5 pounds.
This product is priced exactly where you’d expect it to be too. You can ddd the Drone 3 to the list of carts you should definitely consider this year.
Bag Boy Compact 3
This is the second Bag Boy cart on this list. The first one you saw was a four wheel design and this one, the Compact 3, is a three wheel design.
Having only three wheels makes this cart a little less sturdy but not so much to make you nervous. It won’t tip over and can handle basically any terrain on the course. It is more compact, however, than the 4 wheel design. If you’re short on storage space or have a smaller car, you’ll like the three wheel design a lot.
If that sounds like you, you’ll also like that it has:
- An umbrella holder in case it gets too hot and you need some refuge from the sun’s rays.
- Handle mounted brake puts you in complete control in terms of stopping this cart.
- Foam tires mean you won’t have to maintain them or worry about them popping or puncturing.
- Handle adjusts so any golfer, of any height can use.
- Aluminum frame is weather and scratch resistant. This cart will look as good as it does in three years as it does today.
- Folds up easily and you won’t struggle to get it into your car.
This cart is pretty budget friendly too. You get your choice of 5 colors and a 1 year warranty as well.
Clicgear Model 8
The Clicgear Model 8 is one of my favorite push golf carts and it’s probably a top 3 pick for me. Just look at it. You can tell by its design and large wheels that this cart isn’t tipping over and is going to roll right over any bumps.
This cart has all the features you look for too. One of my favorite is the airless tires. The last thing you want when you’re golfing is a flat tire – that’e enough to ruin anyone’s day. Luckily, you’ll never have to worry about that with the Model 8.
Other features that I like include:
- Umbrella holder means you’ll get shade when it’s too hot and cover from the rain during inclimate weather.
- Two different beverage holders ensure you won’t be short on drinks.
- Folds up into a compact package and you’ll be able to store it and transport it easily.
- Aircraft grade aluminum is meant to last and to stand up to Mother Nature’s worst.
- Plenty of storage for your golf gear and golf balls.
- 6 different unique colors to choose from including black, green, blue, orange, silver and white.
Because this is such a high quality cart it’s going to cost a little extra but isn’t priced too crazy. Most well made push carts are going to cost extra so it shouldn’t be surprising that the Model 8 does.
Caddytek One Click
Here we have a golf cart that’s made for all terrains and courses and won’t break the bank. The Caddytek One Click has four oversized tires and can handle hills, bumps and anything else you throw at it.
It’s also made with aluminum materials and this ensures this product won’t dent, crack or scratch. It’ll keep its shine for years to come and you won’t have to think about replacing it for a long time.
You may also like that it only takes:
- One click to fold this piece of equipment up into a compact package.
- Is designed so it works with stand up bags and fits them perfectly.
- Foot brake is well made and keeps you in complete control of this cart at all times.
- Storage rack included so you can bring along all your stuff and not be burdened by it.
- Padded and adjustable handle enhances comfort and makes sure people of all heights can enjoy.
- Compartment for your drinks and your scorecard.
I mentioned this product is affordable and I meant it. For what you’re getting this cart is one of the best values on the market. Also, this is another cart that gets a ton of positive reviews. You can check out what other customers are saying about the Caddytek One Click by clicking below.
Clicgear Rovic RV1C
Here we have another piece of equipment from Clicgear and their Rovic RV1C is just as high quality as the ones you’ve seen already. As you can see this product has a sturdy design and is one you can rely on not to tip over.
Because it’s made with aluminum and only makes use of three wheels, the RV1C is lightweight and easy to maneuver. All in all this cart is extremely easy to use and one you’ll enjoy taking onto the course with you.
Some top features include:
- Airless tires save you some stress and will never need maintenance or pop.
- Umbrealla is good if the weather makes a turn for the worst or it’s too sunny out.
- Hand brake means you’ll be able to stop your cart whenever you want, without any problems.
- Compact and can fit into any car. This makes it easy to transport.
- 5 color choices give you plenty of options in terms of looks.
The price is good too and you can pick this product up for a reasonable price. It comes with a 3 year warranty too. It’s rare to see a guarantee that’s longer than a year and this 3 year warranty shows how much Clicgear believes in the Rovic RV1C.
Bag Boy TriSwivel II
If you’ve ever had a push cart that was hard to steer or maneuver I have the remedy for you – the Bag Boy Triswivel II, which is probably the easiest cart on this list to control. That’s because the front wheel swivels 360 degrees. This allows you to make pin point turns at various angles.
Additionally, this product is lightweight and can stand up to any weather conditions. You won’t have to worry about this piece of equipment rusting up and losing its ability to work.
If that’s not enough, it also comes with:
- Hand mounted brake ensures the Triswivel won’t get away from you at any point.
- Folds up easily and without hassle. You’ll appreciate this when it’s time to transport this cart.
- Plenty of storage for all the little things like golf balls, tees, scorecard, drinks and more.
- The swivel wheel can be locked in place too. This is a handy feature when you’re going up hills and don’t want it taking any unnecessary sharp turn.
- Has a spot to put an umbrella which is nice when it starts to rain.
This is one of the better made products on this list and because of that it’ll cost a little extra. Even though it’s priced a little extra it’s still a fair price and shouldn’t deter you away from considering this cart.
Sun Mountain Micro Cart
I mentioned before Sun Mountain is known for their push carts and they always make quality equipment. You’ll agree 100% if you decide on their Micro Cart.
This cart is as sturdy as they come. The Micro Cart features four very large tires that excel in any terrain. It doesn’t matter where you’re golfing, this product will be able to handle it.
Some other cool aspects include:
- Ergonomic handle is designed to leave your arms and shoulders in the most natural way possible. Also, the handle can be adjusted so any person can use, no matter height or gender.
- Plenty of storage space to bring along all your golf gear and smaller items.
- Lightweight and only weighs 16.6 pounds.
- Folds up nice and easy and won’t cause you any problems in that department.
- 9 different colors ensure you get the exact look you want.
This cart comes in at a reasonable price too. When you consider everything it comes with I know you’ll come to the same conclusion that I did, which is that it’s priced fairly.
CaddyTek EZ Fold
The Caddytek EZ Fold is like many of the other products on this list – it’s good enough to work in basically all situations and it’s affordable enough where you won’t empty your bank to purchase.
Like other carts, the EZ fold is made from strong aluminum materials. This means this cart is extremely tough and lightweight. This is a good combination for a push cart and you’ll appreciate this mix once you get to use.
Top features include:
- Basket with built in cooler ensures you’re hydrated through out your day.
- One click folding system makes sure you can quickly fold this product up.
- Adjustable handle means any person can use comfortably.
- Umbrella holder allows for you to get protection from the sun or to take cover when it rains.
- Extremely large wheels lets you roll over any terrain.
The price is very good here too. There’s over 500 reviews and most are extremely positive. If you want to check them out, click below:
Golf In Complete Comfort This Year!
Renting a golf cart every time you play can get expensive and lugging around your clubs gets tiring. The solution to both those problems is to purchase a push golf cart. There’s plenty of quality ones available and no matter your budget or needs you’ll find one on this list that’ll suit you perfectly.
You can leave a comment below if you have any questions and you can search around the golf section up top for more tips to help your game.
Are you ready to try out your new golf cart?