If you’re looking to play at your highest level on the golf course, you’ll need one of the best golf shoes.
There’s a few things you have to think about when making your purchase and I’ll show you what’s most important – after you’ll see my top picks for men and women.
By the time you’re done reading, I’m sure you’ll see some footwear that you want to purchase.
How To Choose Golf Shoes
When selecting these products, consider the following:
- Whether to go spiked or not spiked
- Choose the style you want
- Get the proper fit
First off, you’ll need to decide if you want spiked or spikeless. Here’s a video that explains this further:
If you play on a course with a lot of hills or it’s wet out, you’ll want to go with a spiked product – you’ll get extra traction.
If you play on courses that are flat and dry you can go with a spikeless product. Spikeless golf shoes are lightweight, maneuverable and can be worn off the golf course as well.
After you have this figured out you should shift your attention to style. There’s two different styles and they are:
- Traditional: These shoes have a very classic look and tend to be made out of leather. They’re extremely long lasting, comfortable and generally waterproof. The only downside is they can lack breathability, which is a negative if it’s hot out – your feet will sweat more because of this.
- Athletic: Athletic golf shoes look like running shoes and can be worn in your everyday life if they don’t have spikes. These products are very lightweight and you’ll feel extra mobile in them. Best of all they are very breathable and keep air flow moving – this prevents your feet from overheating and oversweating.
Lastly, you need to get the right fit. You’ll be walking around in your golf shoes for hours and hours and it’s essential you know your own shoe size. Whatever size you are with your regular shoes you’ll be with your golf shoes.
Now that you know exactly what to look for, let’s take a look at my top picks now.
Golf Shoes For Men
ECCO Biom Hybrid 2
The ECCO Biom Hybrid 2 is a very popular golf shoe and one that’s universally loved for both its performance and its style – this a product you can wear in your everyday life and look good while doing so.
One thing I know you’re going to love with the Biom Hybrid 2 is the yak leather upper. This leather upper ensures this product is both lightweight and breathable. Because of this you’ll feel extra mobile and you won’t have to worry about your feet oversweating. It keeps air moving and this prevents your feet from getting too hot.
Some other features I know you’re going to appreciate include:
- Shoe is treated with Hydromax and this makes the Hybrid 2 completely waterproof. You’ll like this if it’s a little extra wet out.
- Natural Motion technology ensures your ankle and foot can move as naturally as possible. This improves comfort and support.
- Performance enhanced inlay soles grip the ground well and you’ll feel confident to rip into shots because of this.
- 13 different colors and styles so you get the exact look you want and desire.
In terms of cost, these are probably on the pricier side. Do I think they’re worth that? I do! They’re one of the best on the market and will satisfy anyone looking for a spikeless golf shoe.
If you need more convincing, check out the reviews on Amazon – there’s over 400 of them and basically all are overwhelmingly positive. If you want to see what all these customers are saying about this product, click below:
Footjoy D.N.A 2.0
The product you just looked at was one of the best spikeless golf shoes and the Footjoy DNA 2.0 is one of the best spiked golf shoes on the market. This is the kind of product you can wear on hilly courses and if it’s quite wet out. The spikes on the DNA 2.0’s are high quality and provide a lot of grip.
One thing I really like about this footwear is how comfortable they are to wear – this is the kind of shoe you can wear very easily for 18 holes and your feet will feet great afterwards. Part of the reason for this is the 3D FoamCollar and this supports your ankle while providing stability and enhancing comfort.
If that’s not enough, you’ll like that this shoe comes with:
- Performance ChromoSkin leather not only makes this Footjoy product more durable but makes it lightweight too.
- SnugFit tongue improves the overall fit and ensures you get maximum breathability. This keeps air flow moving and prevents you from sweating too much.
- Extra Thick Fine Tuned Foam improves heel support.
- Soft spikes are low profile but provide superior traction.
- Completely waterproof and you get a 2 year waterproof guarantee.
- 14 different colors and designs so you get the perfect look for yourself.
Like the ECCO Biom Hybrid 2, the Footjoy DNA 2.0 is a shoe that’s going to cost a little extra own. I personally think it’s worth every penny, though, and I’m sure you’ll come to the same conclusion if you decide on this product.
Adidas Tour 360
Here we have another spiked shoe and the Adidas Tour 360 is another product that anyone would be lucky to golf with – it does a good job mixing comfort, durability and traction. You won’t have to worry about your footing with these shoes on your feet.
A couple reasons why the Tour 360 is so supportive and comfortable is the Leather upper with 360WRAP Technology and fitfoam GEO collar. When you try on these shoes you’ll really love the way they feel.
Some other top aspects include:
- Athletically designed so you feel as mobile as possible.
- Leather upper with climaproof technology ensures that water and moisture won’t get to your sock and feet.
- Fitfoam Pu sockliner is another reason this product is so comfortable to wear all day long.
- Full length BOOST midsole improves cushioning and makes this shoe extremely responsive.
- Torsional Tunnel enhances heel and arch support so you can go longer than ever with these on your feet.
- Dual density outsole also adds to the overall traction of this product.
- 2 year waterproof guarantee and this ensures your feet will be dry for years to come.
This shoe actually costs a little less than the ones you’ve already seen. I wouldn’t say they’re cheap but they should fit almost everyone’s budgets. Honestly, the last thing you want is to have a cheap shoe because it’ll hurt your play on the course.
The Footjoy Hyperflex is another product that excels in hilly and wet terrain – the reason I say this is these come with quality and durable Softspikes. You’ll be able to really dig into the fairway, rough and tee box because of this.
Another thing you’re really going to like with the Hyperflex is its athletic design. With this design, you get a good mixture of performance and comfort. You’ll really like how these feel when you’re out there.
Some other top features include:
- FlexGrid 2.0 upper blends protection from water and improves airflow. You won’t develop blisters from sweating or anything like that.
- Laser Plus Last design gives you the perfect fit. It’s roomy enough you won’t feel constricted and it’s snug enough you’ll feel nice and secure.
- FTF 2.0 cushioning helps out in the responsiveness and lateral movement. This cushioning also improves comfort.
- Optimized Performance Stabilizers provide excellent stability for your heel and ankle.
This is another product that costs over $100 but not by much. What makes this price much more reasonable is you get a 2 year warranty to go along with that. That’s a good deal and shows the Hyperflex will stand up to the elements and rigors of round after round of golf.
Nike Golf Lunar Command 2
Nike recently stopped making golf equipment but has decided to keep making golf apparel, which is good for all golfers. The Nike Golf Lunar Command 2 is a product that I really like and is one that basically everyone can consider.
The Lunar Command 2 is one of the most waterproof shoes on this list. There’s nothing worst than having wet socks – it’s enough to ruin a round of golf and you might get painful blisters this way. Luckily, you won’t have to worry about that with this product on your feet.
If that’s not enough, you’ll like that these come with:
- Performance uppers are both lightweight and provide a good amount of stability. You’ll feel very confident and sturdy because of this.
- Minimalist and articulated tongue provides comfort and ankle support.
- Flywire technology gives you a glove like fit. This is the same flywire technology you see in Nike’s top basketball shoes.
- Performance outsole really lets you grip the course and dig into your shots.
- SLIM-Lok Fastening System is another reason why you get to grip the grass so well.
- 12 different colors and designs so you can match it to your pants, shirts or whatever else you want to match it to.
These shoes cost pretty much in the same range as the ones you’ve already seen on this list, which is very fair. You do get a 1 year warranty too. This product is built to last and you can be reassured of this by the 1 year guarantee.
Puma Ignite Pwrsport
The Puma Ignite Pwrsport is one of my favorite looking shoes on this list and this is a product you can wear everywhere – they have the type of style that doesn’t solely belong on the golf course like some of the other ones on this list.
The only group I would say shouldn’t purchase this product is those that plan on playing hilly courses and in wet conditions. So if you like to tee off when the morning dew is still on the grass you’ll want to go with spikes (the Pwrsport is spikeless).
Some top benefits include:
- Mesh upper is both waterproof and breathable and as you probably know by now this keeps your feet completely dry.
- TPU PWRCADE Saddle provides a lot of stability and support. You’ll really be able to swing your hardest because of this. This TPU saddle is ultra thin too and this reduces the weight of this product.
- IGNITE Foam gives you a boost in both comfort and responsiveness.
- Gripzone traction uses 39 hexagon lugs 24 chevron lugs to ensure you get a good amount of grip.
So how much is this shoe going to cost you? About the same as the products you’ve seen already to this point. And like those shoes it’s definitely worth its price. You’ll feel and look great with the Pwrsport on your feet.
New Balance Spiked Golf Shoe
Company: New Balance
New Balance goes a little under the radar sometimes but they make a lot of great athletic apparel. In fact, they make some of the best baseball cleats out there. Obviously, they make a pretty decent pair of golf shoes too.
My favorite aspect of this New Balance golf shoe is the Revlite technology built into the midsole. There’s a lot of walking in golf and this is especially true if your’e using a push cart. You need a midsole that’s going to absorb shock and relieve stress from your feet and back – that’s exactly what happens because of the Revlite technology.
Some other top features include:
- OrthoLite insole is very comfortable and ensures you can easily play 18 holes without any pain.
- Waterproof materials through out the product keeps your feet as dry as possible.
- Microfiber leather upper provides you with support and makes you feel very stable.
- Slim-lock fitting system gives you a good amount of grip and the rubber outsole helps you in this department too.
- 3 different colors to choose from and this product is pretty stylish.
What’s really awesome about these shoes is they’re one of the cheapest on this list and perfect for anyone on a budget or anyone that doesn’t feel like spending over $100. You know what makes this price even better? It comes with a 2 year waterproof warranty too. That’s a really great deal and one that should give you piece of mind.
Adidas Adipower S Boost 3
Last on the list for men is the Adidas Adipower S Boost 3 and is another product that I really recommend you consider. I really like how the Boost 3’s look too. This is another shoe that you can wear on and off the course with no problems.
Another thing I really like about the Boost 3’s is the Boost foam in the midsole. These midsoles make walking around all day very easy and you’ll feel comfortable all day long.
Some other aspects that you’ll like includes:
- Bounce foam ensures you get the most responsiveness possible and you’ll feel very athletic while wearing these.
- Puremotion outsole gives you the most grip possible without having spikes.
- Very lightweight and this is good for performance – you don’t want your shoes being bulky and heavy.
- Fitfoam sockliner and GEO collar enhances the overall stability of this product.
The Boost 3’s is another shoe that’s not cheap but certainly not overly expensive. If you decide on these you get a 2 year warranty and you get a 90 day comfort guarantee. You’ll have a hard time finding a better warranty than that!
Golf Shoes For Women
Footjoy Women’s emPower BOA
Footjoy may be the most recognizable name in golf shoes and their emPower Boa is one of their best products overall. This is the kind of shoe that any woman would be really lucky to golf with.
The emPower is especially good in wet conditions and with courses that are hilly. The reason I say this is this product comes with high quality spikes. They’ll be able to grip the ground exceptionally well and you’ll feel very confident with these shoes on your feet.
Some other top features include:
- BreathEasy upper mesh makes sure air moves freely and this prevents your feet from overheating/oversweating.
- Every-Step soft foam makes this product extremely comfortable to walk around with all day.
- Massaging footbed is another reason this shoe is so comfortable to wear – you get a gentle massage while you’re walking!
- BOA closure system gives you more control of the overall fit and this ensures you get the most performance possible.
These shoes are priced really fair too and they aren’t overly priced. They aren’t cheap, either, which is really important too. Also, you get a 2 year waterproof warranty with the emPower’s. You know if you purchase these your feet are pretty much guaranteed to be dry.
Adidas Women’s W Adipure Sport
The Adidas Women W Adipure is a product that a lot of people will like and is perfect for anyone looking for a spikeless shoe. As long as you don’t play on wet or hilly courses this shoe should work well for you.
Another aspect that I really like is how lightweight the Adipure is. The reason for this is the textile upper reduces weight and makes you feel very mobile while wearing this shoe. This upper is also breathable and ensures that your feet won’t get drenched from sweat.
You’ll also like that the Adipure comes with:
- Fitfoam pillow sockliner is very comfortable and provides a ton of cushioning.
- Adipure last is made to be athletic as possible and you’ll very confident with these on your feet.
- Very flexible and has a natural feel to it.
- Puremotion outsole ensures you can grip the ground well and you’ll be able to dig in.
These shoes are pretty affordable too and you can find them for under $100. You do get a 90 day comfort guarantee too, so that’s a good deal for what you’re getting.
Puma Women’s Monolite Cat
Puma is a company that I really like and I’ve always found their products really comfortable and stylish – this is the case with the Monolite Cat. If you decide on this shoe you’ll really like the way it feels and you’ll easily be able to get through 18 holes without any pains.
One reason this product is so comfortable is it comes with yoga mat insoles. Think about how good that’ll feel on your feet. You’ll probably be tempted to wear them around the house!
Some other top aspects include:
- Carbon rubber outsole is made so it lasts season after season and will always provide traction.
- Mesh upper makes sure that your feet are always cool and never overheats.
- Spikeless design means you can have them on your feet no matter where you are.
- 4 different colors so you have options in terms of style and appearance.
This is one of the most affordable products on this list too. So if you plan on playing intermediate courses and down and want to save a few bucks on your footwear, you should definitely consider purchasing the Monolite Cat’s.
Nike Women’s Lunar Empress 2
Does any body make better sports gear than Nike? That’s a hard question to answer. I know one thing for sure – they’re very dependable and every time you purchase from them you know you’re getting quality and durability. In my opinion that describes the Empress 2 perfectly.
I really like how waterproof and breathable this product is too. The last thing you want is wet feet (either from outside moisture or sweating) and this shoe will prevent that from happening.
Some other top features include:
- Extremely lightweight and provides a ton of stability. You’ll feel secure with the Empress 2’s on your feet.
- Lunarlon cushioning that you’ll find in other popular Nike products. This cushioning provides a ton of comfort and it makes it feel like you’re walking on a cloud.
- Flexible materials and this gives you a full range of motion so you can be your most athletic.
- High quality traction and outsoles ensure you’ll be able to grip the ground properly.
- 6 different and vibrant colors. You’ll really look your best if you decide on these.
In terms of price, the Empress 2’s are more than fair – they’re not cheap but they’re certainly not overly expensive. If you want a sure thing and a shoe that you know your’e going to love you should definitely think about these.
Adidas Women’s W Tech Response
The Adidas Women’s W Tech Response has that classic Adidas look – the look that made Adidas so popular to begin with. What’s really nice here is this product is made with soft and comfortable leather.
This leather is very stylish and it does a good job in the breathable and waterproof departments – moisture can escape but it won’t be able to get in. There’s nothing better than finishing 18 holes and having completely dry feet.
Some other benefits include:
- Climastorm treatment is why this product keeps water out so well and is perfect if you ever get caught up in bad weather.
- Cloudfoam EVA sockliners provide a ton of comfort and cushioning. You’ll be able to go longer than ever with this cushioning.
- Performance design makes this shoe as athletic as possible.
- 6 thintech spikes ensures you have the best traction and you’ll be good no matter the terrain you play on.
You’re probably thinking these are one of the most expensive shoes on this list but that’s actually not the case. In fact, it’s the opposite. These are one of the most budget friendly listed here! If you want to see how much you’ll save with this product, click below:
Nike Women’s Lunar Command 2
Price: $$$ (Check Here)
Here we have another Nike product and like the one you already saw, the Women’s Lunar Command 2 is high quality and one that you’re going to love to have on your feet. Plus, you get many options in terms of colors too. These colors aren’t plain and boring either. They’re very cool looking and stylish.
Another aspect this product excels in is comfort and that’s because of the full length Lunarlon midsoles. This cushioning system is well made and one that you’re going to enjoy supporting your feet.
Some other features include:
- Waterproof membrane ensures moisture won’t get in and your feet will always be dry. This means you’ll have less of a chance of developing blisters.
- Thin tongue allows for more movement and provides a good amount of stability.
- Flywire technology gives you a glove like fit and this keeps your ankle locked in place.
- CHAMP PiviX Cleats make sure you have the most traction possible.
- Lightweight and you’ll have more energy as you get into the latter holes.
Because you’r getting Nike quality and because these truly are a high end shoe, the Lunar Command 2 is one of the pricier products on this list. Do I think they’re worth that? I do and I think you’ll come to the same conclusion if you decide on these shoes.
Sketchers Women’s Go Golf Eagle
The Sketchers Women’s Go Golf Eagle isn’t the best shoe on this list but it’s a very serviceable product. If you’re someone that lives and breathes golf and expects to play on some tough courses, you may want to look elsewhere.
If, however, you’re someone that likes to play golf recreationally and maybe have a few favorite courses you like to play, you’ll like what you get here.
That’s because it comes with:
- Goga Max technology insoles provide a ton of comfort and makes sure that your feet feel good all day long.
- H2GO weather resistant technology ensures that your feet are bone dry, no matter the conditions.
- Very lightweight and you’ll feel extra mobile with these on your feet.
- Goimpulse outsole traction gives you good grip for a spikeless shoe .
Some people don’t want to pay over $100 for their golf shoes. Either they’re on a budget or just don’t think it’s necessary. If that describes you you’ll be happy to know these shoes are budget friendly and will cost under $100.
There’s also a ton of reviews on Amazon too. If you wan to check out what different customers are saying about the Go Golf, click below:
Callaway Women’s Solaire
Last on the list is the Solaire and this product comes from a very popular golf brand, Callaway. If you’ve been golfing long enough you probably have owned something from Callaway. In fact, they make some of my favorite golf equipment like drivers, carts, and putters.
Their Solaire’s is a nice product and one that works best for casual players and for people that play on moderate courses – if you play anywhere with a lot of hills you’ll want a spiked shoe.
Some other aspects that make this product worth it includes:
- Lightweight mesh upper ensures moisture and heat can escape.
- 3D stability cage makes sure you get a ton of support and you’ll feel confident while wearing these shoes.
- EVA sockliner provides a good amount of comfort and makes sure your feet will feel good.
- Multi-directional lugs gives you a ton of traction and keeps you from slipping in normal conditions.
One thing you’re really going to love here is the price is very low. If you’re looking to save a little money without giving up much in the performance department, the Solaire’s will work for you.
Golf Shoes FAQ’S
1) Question: How much will golf shoes cost me?
Answer: Golf shoes are just like any other athletic footwear in terms of cost and it’s always better to spend a little more than spend a little less. If you get a quality golf shoe you’ll enjoy your day out on the links much more.
Your feet will be in comfort, you’ll feel like you have good traction and your game will just be a little better. If you get a low quality product your game will suffer. You might have some pains that distract your attention from your swing or your might slip on a shot.
There really isn’t one price that’s good and one that’s bad but I would say pay at least $60. If you do that you should get a well made shoe and one that you’ll like a lot.
2) Question: Can I buy golf shoes online?
Answer: Whenever you’re buying any sports gear, I always recommend buying it in person. I just think it’s a good idea to put the shoe on and see how it feels. Maybe there’s something about it that you find out you don’t like and you wouldn’t have figured it out unless you tried it on.
But not everyone lives near a sporting good store and if you do they might not have the product you want. If this is the case it’s perfectly fine to make your purchase online.
This is especially true if you’re buying from a known retailer like Amazon. They offer basically every brand and shoe imaginable and have different sizes and colors of each one. You’ll easily be able to find one that suits you perfectly.
Also, known retailers tend to have good return policies too. If you decide the shoe picked isn’t right for you, you can send it back and get a refund.
3) Question: What are the top golf shoe brands?
Answer: Usually you see the same brands across many different sports. For example, Nike makes footwear that’s well known in basketball, baseball, tennis, running and golf. Same can be said with a few other brands.
While companies like Nike and Adidas make high quality golf shoes, there’s a few brands that may not be as well known in different sports but still make shoes worth considering. For example, ECCO and Footjoy aren’t brands you’ll see on a baseball diamond or basketball court but you’ll see them all over the golf course.
So don’t feel you have to get Nike or Adidas. ECCO, Footjoy, New Balance, Puma and others make products that are worth looking into.
4) Question: What are the pros and cons of a spiked golf shoe?
Answer: Obviously when you have cleats you get more traction. This is important if you play on diverse terrain and expect to hit shots on hills or anything like that.
Also, if you’re an early morning golfer and go when there’s still dew on the ground, you’ll want spiked cleats. You’ll get better footing and there’s less chance of you slipping.
Many golf shoes come with removable and replaceable spikes too. So if they wear down over a long period time, you can put new ones on and get excellent traction again.
The only downside I would say is you won’t be able to wear these shoes everywhere. You’ll want to keep them in your bag or something like that when you’re driving to the golf course and put them on when you’re ready to go.
5) Question: What are some pros and cons of spikeless golf shoes?
Answer: Spikeless golf shoes have a few benefits and mainly they’re a little more comfortable and maneuverable than spiked golf shoes. Also, you can wear them off the golf course too. So when you’re driving over to the course you can wear them in your car. There’s no reason to take them off or anything like that.
The major downside comes with traction. If you play on courses that require a good amount of traction, like a hilly or wet course, you’ll want a spiked golf course.
6) Question: How do I get the right fit?
Answer: Golf shoes are fit just like any other shoe. So if you know your size with other athletic shoes or just the shoes you wear in your daily life, you’ll know your golf shoe size.
It’s pretty important to get the right size too – if you go too large or too small, there’s going to be some issues. For example, if you go too large you won’t get good ankle protection and you might roll your ankle. The shoe just won’t be tight enough.
If you go too small your foot might be uncomfortable.
If you want to make sure you have the right shoe size, watch the video below:
Basically you’re just measuring from your heel to your toe. Unless you want to know your width you won’t need to trace your whole foot like in the video.
Once you know the length in inches, you’ll need to convert to the correct size. To see a good resource to make the conversion, click here.
So if your foot is 10.33 inches and you’re a man, you’ll have a size 9 shoe. If you are 10.33 inches and you’re a woman, you’ll have a size 10 shoe.
7) Question: How often should I buy new golf shoes?
Answer: Golf shoes are just like any other athletic footwear and over time they wear down. Once this happens you’ll have to buy a new pair or live with the consequences of having a worn out sneaker.
It’s not really a question of time, however, and it’s more a question of use. If you’re someone that plays once in a blue moon, you won’t necessarily need to replace your shoes too often. If you’re someone that gets out every single chance you have, then you’ll need new ones more often.
There’s a few indicators it’s time to buy new golf shoes. An obvious sign is if there’s any tears in the upper or in the toe box. Also, the insole is something to look at too. If you put your foot in the shoe and it no longer feels comfortable, it’s time to get a new pair.
8) Question: How do I maintain my golf shoes?
Answer: Maintaining your shoes is really important and it ensures you’ll get the most out of your footwear. When you properly take care of them, you’ll get more life and more use without having to purchase a new pair.
A good idea is to have two pairs. This way you can alternate between them and you won’t wear one out quickly. Or you can have a spiked pair that you wear when it’s a little wet out or when you’re playing on a hilly course and you can have a spikeless pair when you’re playing on flat and dry courses.
Another thing to keep in mind is how you store your cleats. It’s a bad idea to just cram in your bag or trunk when you’re not using them. If you do just store them in these tight places, the upper might get crushed and bent and the shoe might become uncomfortable to wear.
Going even further, the shoe might rip and you won’t give them a chance to breath after each round. This can lead to bad smells developing and other problems.
After each round you’ll want to clean the uppers and the outsole too. This doesn’t have to be a time consuming process and it’s good enough to just quickly wipe down these sections with a towel.
If your shoes get wet when playing you’ll want to place crumbled up newspaper in them over night. This ensures that all excess water is soaked up and this is another step that keeps your shoes smelling good.
If you follow these steps your golf shoes will not only look better but they’ll perform better too.
9) Question: What are some pros and cons of the different materials used?
Answer: There’s a few common materials you’ll find in golf shoes and they all have their own benefits. Some popular ones are:
- Leather: Leather is the most common material golf shoes are made of and for good reason – leather is waterproof and is very breathable. This means it keeps water from getting in but doesn’t allow sweat to build up inside. You get completely dry feet because of this and you won’t have to worry about soggy socks or blisters. This material is also comfortable and long lasting. The only downside I would say is leather costs extra.
- Goretex: Goretex is an extremely popular waterproof material and you can find Goretex linings in many different golf shoes (you can actually find Goretex in many different sports gear too). Like leather, Goretex is breathable and waterproof.
- Synthetic Materials: Synthetic materials are gaining in popularity, and while they’re not as quality as leather, they still do a good job on the golf course. One thing you’ll like about synthetic materials is they tend to be lightweight and thinner. You’ll feel much more mobile because of this. The only downside is they’re less breathable than leather. This means your feet might sweat a little more. Shoes made from synthetic materials are cheaper than leather, though. This is good if you are on a budget.
10) Question: What’s the difference between soft spikes and metal spikes?
Answer: Of the two, soft spikes are more popular than metal spikes. The good thing about soft spikes (or plastic spikes) is they don’t tear up golf courses like metal. So you can step onto a green and not have to worry about ruining it.
Also, they tend to weigh less than metal cleats too and that allows you to move around a little better. You’ll be a little more comfortable because of this.
Metal cleats do have some benefits, though, and their biggest one is with traction. Because they offer more traction, you can find metal cleats on the feet of pros and very good golfers.
If you’re someone that’s more causal with golf and do it as recreation, I personally would go with a soft spike. They’re just easier to deal with and feel better to wear.
11) Question: What do you think of golf sandals?
Answer: Golf sandals can work in some situations and not so well in others. For example, if you’re someone that likes to play casually and are less serious, golf sandals can work for you. Because they’re extremely lightweight and breathable they work well in those kind of scenarios.
But if you’re someone that takes golf more seriously you’ll want to avoid sandals. They won’t provide the performance or support you need. Also, you should only wear sandals if the weather is perfect out. If it’s a little chilly or it’s raining, you’ll want to put on shoes.
12) Question: What’s the difference between water resistant and waterproof golf shoes?
Answer: Sometimes you’ll see a product that’s water resistant and that shouldn’t be confused with waterproof. Shoes that are made from synthetic materials tend to be water resistant. This means, up to a certain degree, they’ll keep water from getting to your feet.
If it’s raining hard or you have to take a shot from saturated grass, there’s a chance water seeps through, though. This can ruin a round of golf and just put an overall damper on things.
Waterproof means the shoe won’t let water in any situation. To get a completely waterproof shoe you’ll want to make sure it’s made from leather.
Most leather golf shoes come with a year or two waterproof guarantee. So if you have any issues with water getting in and you have a guarantee, you can send them back and get a new pair.
13) Question: Do I need to buy golf socks?
Answer: I think it’s important to have a quality pair of socks and a pair of socks that are made for athletic movements, but I don’t think you need golf specific socks. You might get a little extra comfort if you do but I don’t think it’s do or die.
The most important thing you can do is make sure that your socks are dry. To do this, you want to get a nice waterproof shoe and bring along extra socks just in case water does get in. If your socks end up wet just switch them out for new dry ones. This ensues your feet won’t develop blisters and it just makes your time golfing better.
Play With The Best This Year!
Golf is a game of precision and if you’re distracted in the least bit you might end up in the sand trap. What’s on your feet matters and if you want your lowest rounds possible you’re going to need proper footwear.
And no matter your budget or needs there’s a product on this list that’ll work perfectly for you.
If you have any questions you can comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as quickly as possible. You can check out more tips and gear reviews in the golf section up top.
Are you excited to tee off with one of these shoes on your feet?