There’s nothing worst than seeing your phone or laptop on low battery. To prevent this from happening you way be interested in one of the best smart backpacks.
These products are ultra convenient and allow you to charge your phone or laptop no matter where you are. There’s a few things you’ll want to consider before making your purchase and I’ll show you what’s most important – after you’ll see my top picks for the year.
I’m sure you’ll see a backpack you love by the time you’re done reading.
How To Choose A Smart Backpack
There’s couple things to think about when making your selection and the most important are:
- Look at your own needs and what you plan to do with the backpack
- Smaller features (compartments, pockets, energy source)
The first thing to consider is what you plan on doing with your backpack. Most of the products on this list are made for travelers, commuters and students but there’s a few that are made for outdoor activities like hiking and biking. If you plan on doing over night hikes you’ll want to check out these backpacks (the smart packs on this list are more for day trips).
Once you have this figured out you’ll want to switch your attention to the smaller features of the backpack, which has a lot to do with your own needs. If you’re a commuter or traveler you’ll want protection for your laptop and pockets for all your necessities.
Someone looking to hike and camp will want something a little more rugged and a product that can stand up to the elements.
Lastly, you’ll want to set a budget. Most backpacks on this list are affordable and won’t cost more than $70. There’s a few high quality ones, though, that’ll cost over $100. If you can spend that I would definitely consider one of those.
Now that you know what to look for, let’s take a look at my top picks.
Mark Ryden 15.6 Backpack
Company: Mark Ryden
This Mark Ryden smart backpack is a versatile product and works for a wide ranging amount needs. I personally think this backpack is perfect for college students, commuters and travelers but it can work for day hikes and stuff like that.
I also really like the design of this bag. It has a very minimalist and sleek design – this backpack looks really good and is one that you can walk around with on your back with complete confidence.
Some other top features include:
- Has a built in USB port so you can charge your phone, tablet or laptop whenever you want – no more frantically looking for an outlet to charge your devices.
- All materials are water resistant and all your items will be completely safe if it happens to rain.
- Padded cushion on the back and shoulder straps makes this product extremely comfortable to wear.
- Plenty of pockets so you can organize your stuff in the most efficient way possible.
- Anti-theft pockets ensure you won’t get pick pocketed when you’re not paying attention.
What’s really great is this backpack is very affordable. There’s also a ton of positive reviews too. If you want to see what all these customers are saying about this product, click below.
Lifepack Solar Powered Backpack
This Lifepack Solar Powered Backpack is another product that you should consider if you’re a student or commuter – basically any person that has to carry around a laptop or tablet.
One thing that’s really unique about this backpack is, as its name suggests, solar powered. You won’t have to worry about charging the powerbank because of this. You’ll be able to have power anywhere, at any time. You even get up to 6 phone charges when the battery is at full power.
Some other cool aspects include:
- Battery indicator shows you exactly how much juice you have so you know how long you can charge your stuff.
- Comes with wireless Bluetooth speakers. This is a handy little feature and allows you to listen to music or presentations easily.
- Anti-theft features and comes with a 3 digit lock to ensure only you can get into what’s inside.
- Weather resistant and you can rest assured all your electronics will be safe if you get caught up in a rain storm.
- Hidden compartments so you can discreetly hide anything that you want to.
- Has a bottle opener in case you ever need one.
Since this product is so high tech and has so many cool features, (speakers, solar powered and anti-theft lock) it’s going to cost a little extra. In fact, this is the most expensive backpack on this list.
Do I think you absolutely need this bag? That’s really up to you to decide. If you can’t afford it there’s plenty of other awesome backpacks to choose from.
C-Space 15.6 Backpack
This C-Space product is perfect for commuters and anyone in the business world – it’s specifically made for these types of people. College students will enjoy what they get here too. If you’re a student you’ll appreciate carrying your laptop here and having a charger at your disposal at all times.
One feature that most people will like is the anti-theft lock. This lock ensures you won’t get your laptop or stuff stolen when you’re not paying attention. You can ride the subway or bus with confidence because of this.
If that’s not enough you’ll like that this backpack is:
- Extremely lightweight and you won’t feel any back strain while wearing this product.
- Ergonomically designed so it fits your back properly and feels very natural.
- Breathable materials means air flow keeps moving. Your back won’t overheat because of this and you’ll have less of a chance of sweating too much.
- Pockets all over for your stuff. You’ll be able to bring along your phone, snacks, water bottle and tablet with ease.
- Water resistant materials protect your expensive electronics from getting ruined by water damage.
The best part of this product is it’s ultra affordable. In fact, you’ll probably be shocked at how affordable this backpack is. What are other customers saying about this bag? They seem to really love it. If you want a universally praised smart backpack without breaking the bank, this is one you must think about.
Trendsetter Smart LED Backpack
This is another backpack that I really like and I know if you decide on the Trendsetter Smart LED Backpack you will too. One thing you’ll really appreciate about this product is how versatile it is.
I know people that use this backpack for school and to commute with and I know people that have lived out of this bag while backpacking in Europe. No matter what you want to do with this product, you’ll be covered.
Some top features includes:
- You can control the light on the backside of this backpack through your phone. You can set the color to whatever you want depending on your mood.
- Charges both Apple and Android products.
- This product is also 2 in 1 – it can either be a backpack or a duffel bag. This is another reason this backpack is so versatile.
- Completetly weather proof and the materials repel water to keep your valuables safe.
- Anti-theft zipper and hidden pockets ensure your stuff won’t get stolen.
I would consider this Trendsetter product to be high end and because of this it’s going cost a little extra. Nothing crazy but I wouldn’t say this backpack is cheap. You also get a 1 year warranty here too. So if you do decide on this bag, you can get a little peace of mind it’s going to last.
TYLT Pro Powerbag
If you’re someone that travels a lot and is always in and out of airports, you’ll really like the TYLT Pro Powerbag. This product is made specifically for these type of people and meets all TSA recommendations. Also, it opens up easily when you’re going through security.
You can charge a bunch of different devices with this backpack too. Any Type C charging cables will work here (IPhones, Macs, tablets and basically every cellphone too).
If that’s not enough you’ll appreciate that the Powerbag is:
- Perfect for anyone carrying around their laptop. This backpack is both water resistant and it’s padded to keep your laptop safe.
- You can charge up to 3 devices at once which is a handy little feature. You won’t have to choose between your laptop, phone or tablet being charged.
- Padded shoulder straps are ultra comfortable and you’ll feel good wearing this backpack all day long. No strain or anything like that.
- Many compartments and pockets so you can efficiently organize all your stuff.
This is another higher end backpack and comes with a higher end price. Sometimes you have to pay a little extra to get the best and that’s the case here. I think it’s worth every penny, though, and you’ll come to the same conclusion if you decide on the Powerbag.
CrossGear Smart Backpack
The Crossgear Smart Backpack is a product that works for people that have a lot of stuff and wants to stay as organized as possible. The reason I say this is this backpack comes with 19 different smaller compartments and you’ll have a spot for everything.
That’s not it either. You get three larger compartments for your books or clothes and you get compartments for your laptop and Ipad! You’ll practically be able to bring along everything you own.
Some other top features include:
- TSA friendly and you’ll breeze through checkpoints with this product. It folds 180 degrees and this is why it’s so helpful in airports.
- USB port ensures you can charge pretty much any device and never have to worry about dead batteries.
- Spacious and can fit larger laptops pretty easily.
- Anti-theft mode means people won’t be able to snatch your wallet out of the side pockets without you knowing.
You know what’s really cool about this backpack? It won’t cost you an arm and a leg to purchase. It’s always nice when you can get something at a reasonable price and still have it be quality – that’s exactly what you’re getting here.
Tigernu 15.6 Backpack
Minimalism is in – you see it everywhere. People have minimalist decor in their homes, minimalist furniture, minimalist watches. Minimalist everything. If you want to hop on this trend with your backpack then I would recommend this Tigernu product.
This backpack has a nice sleek design and is something you can wear with a lot of confidence whether you’re a student or need something to commute to work with. You’ll look good no matter what you’re doing.
But how it looks only means so much. You need a quality bag and you’ll be happy to know this one is quality. That’s because it comes with:
- A solar charging back panel which is perfect for any person that hikes and bikes.
- Despite its slim design it still has plenty of room inside to bring all your stuff along with you. You can fit your books, gear and laptop in with ease.
- Made from waterproof materials so the content inside will always be safe and protected. You get a rain cover too in case you need even more protection.
- Ergonomic padding through out this backpack makes this product extremely comfortable to wear.
- Anti-theft design ensures all your valuables remain in your possession and not in the hands of a pick pocket.
This is one of the more expensive backpacks on this list but I think it’s worth the price. If you want to balance style and function this product will work perfectly for you.
Yorepek Smart Backpacks
Here we have another product that basically works for everyone. The Yorepek Smart Backpack, however, works a little better outdoors than most of the products on this list. That’s because this bag is pretty rugged and has plenty of room to bring your gear along.
Do I think you should head out into the wilderness for a week with just this bag? No. You’ll want a heavy duty backpack for that. But you can take hikes, camp, and bike easily with this backpack.
Some top benefits include:
- Completley waterproof and you can rest assured your gear is going to be protected from rain and the elements.
- TSA friendly and that means you’ll be able to travel with this bag easily.
- Very spacious and has plenty of compartments for all your stuff. You’ll have plenty of room for your laptop, plugs and everything else you want to bring along.
- S-shaped shoulder straps and an ergonomic design means this product is extremely comfortable to have on your back for hours at a time.
- Breathable backpanel allows air to always be moving. Your back won’t oversweat because of this.
Even though this backpack is well made and you get a lot of awesome features, it won’t cost a lot. In fact, it’s one of the most affordable products on this list. Think it’s low quality because of that? Think again! If you’re still not sure check out all the positive comments by clicking below.
Ghostek Smart Backpack
This Ghostek smart backpack is a very versatile document and one that’s going to make a lot of people happy. If you’re a commuter you’ll like what you’re getting here. If you’re a student you’ll like what you’re getting here. If you want to backpack across Europe you’ll like what you get here.
Basically no matter your needs this product will work perfectly. That’s because it’s very well made and can handle tough weather. Plus, it’s specifically made to protect your laptop and all your devices will be safe even if you drop this bag.
If that’s not enough you’ll like that this backpack features:
- 40L of space makes this product one of the roomiest on this list. You’ll fit everything you need to in this Ghostek product.
- 3 different ports so you can charge more than one device at a time. You won’t have to decide between your laptop, phone or tablet because of this.
- LED power indicator shows you exactly how much juice you have left. You’ll always know how much charging power you have
- Adjustable and padded shoulder straps make this product extremely comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
This bag is in the middle ground in terms of price too – it’s not too high but it’s certainly not cheap either. You get a few options in terms of color too and if you’d like to see them all, click below:
Anyone Of These Bags Can Work For You
A smart backpack is a really cool product and I recommend everyone get one. There’s nothing better than always having your phone charged and never having to worry about it dying.
There’s a bag here for all needs and budgets too.
If you have any questions you can comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as quickly as possible.
Are you ready to try out your new backpack?